18 Feb 2021
In line with the Premier’s announcement on February 17, 2021, effective from 11.59pm on February 17, 2021, visits to aged care residential care facilities are currently restricted to one household visit per resident, per day. There are no restrictions on the number of visitors from the ONE household, however all visits must be conducted in resident rooms and adhere to density quotients.
All visits to Shepparton Villages facilities must be pre-booked on 0409 015 272 between 10am and 2pm, Monday to Friday. Please note, calls outside these times will not be monitored. If the number is busy or your call is not answered, please do not leave a message but try the number again.
No visitor/s will be admitted without a prior booking, and bookings will not be taken at individual facilities.
Exceptions to the one household visit per day are as follows, and must also be pre-booked on 0409 015 272 between 10am and 2pm:
- End of life – 2 visitors at any one time, but no daily limit or time limits;
- Support visitors – Where the visitor is a parent, guardian, partner, carer or support person of the resident, and the person’s visit is for the purpose of providing emotional, cultural, spiritual or social support to the resident that cannot reasonably be provided by that person via electronic or other non-contact means (1 visitor per day for max 1 hour).
- Essential care persons – Visitor’s presence at the facility is for the purposes of providing essential care and support necessary for the resident’s physical wellbeing that optimises the care and support delivered by workers at the facility and cannot reasonably be provided by that person via electronic means. (1 visitor at any one time and no time limits for the duration of the visit).
- In the case of a resident of the facility who has mention illness: the person is the resident’s nominated person and the person’s presence at the facility is for the purposes of matters relating to their role as nominated person. (1 visitor per day for max 1 hour).
- Essential behaviour assistance person – Visitor’s presence at the facility is necessary to support individual behaviours of concern, such as for people living with dementia, cognitive impairment or cognitive disability, or who have a known or merging serious mental illness (no time limits).
- Interpreters or informal language support (1 visitor at any one time, no time limits).
- Visitor is being assisted to handover care for discharge (1 visitor, once per day, for 1 hour).
If you feel your visit meets the exemption criteria outlined above, you can call 0409 015 272 Monday to Friday between 10 am and 2 pm to make a booking.
Please note, visitor policies may change at short notice and we encourage you to visit this site regularly for updates.