16 Feb 2021
Further to our correspondence of 12 February 2021 regarding lockdown of all Shepparton Villages facilities to visitors, we have since received further amendments from Victorian State Government’s Department of Health & Human Services to Circuit Breaker Lockdown Residential Aged Care visitor restrictions.
Visits to residential aged care are still only allowed under enhanced visitor restrictions and visitors are not allowed to enter a residential aged care facility except in the circumstances below:
Exceptions to the care facilities visitor restrictions:
- End of life – 2 visitors at any one time, but no daily limit or time limits;
- Support visitors – Where the visitor is a parent, guardian, partner, carer or support person of the resident, and the person’s visit is for the purpose of providing emotional, cultural, spiritual or social support to the resident that cannot reasonably be provided by that person via electronic or other non-contact means (1 visitor per day for max 1 hour).
- Essential care persons – Visitor’s presence at the facility is for the purposes of providing essential care and support necessary for the resident’s physical wellbeing that optimises the care and support delivered by workers at the facility and cannot reasonably be provided by that person via electronic means. (1 visitor at any one time and no time limits for the duration of the visit).
- In the case of a resident of the facility who has mental illness: the person is the resident’s nominated person and the person’s presence at the facility is for the purposes of matters relating to their role as nominated person. (1 visitor per day for max 1 hour).
- Essential behaviour assistance person – Visitor’s presence at the facility is necessary to support individual behaviours of concern, such as for people living with dementia, cognitive impairment or cognitive disability, or who have a known or merging serious mental illness (no time limits).
- Interpreters or informal language support (1 visitor at any one time, no time limits).
- Visitor is being assisted to handover care for discharge (1 visitor, once per day, for 1 hour).
If you feel your visit meets the exemption criteria outlined above, you can call the following number Monday to Friday commencing 10.00am Wednesday 17 February 2021. Please note, calls outside the below times will not be monitored. If the number is busy or your call is not answered, please do not leave a message but try the number again.
All facilities: 0409 015 272 between 10am and 2pm.
We ask that you consider very carefully any request to visit based on the Circuit Breaker Lockdown Residential Aged Care Enhanced Visitor Restrictions and in line with our goal of protecting the health and well-being of our residents and staff.